Sabalenka says she’s injured, out of Charleston

Products You May Like

World No. 2 Aryna Sabalenka says she has withdrawn from next week’s Charleston Open after picking up an injury in Miami.

The Australian Open champion was stunned 6-4, 6-4 by unseeded Sorana Cirstea in the Miami Open quarterfinals Wednesday after suffering the injury earlier in the tournament.

She did not specify the nature of the problem.

“Sad to announce that I have to withdraw from Charleston. I picked up an injury during one of my matches in Miami and I need time to rest and heal,” Sabalenka tweeted Thursday. “I’m so sorry to the tournament and the fans. I was really looking forward to being back and playing in front of you all.”

Sabalenka won the Adelaide title in January before capturing her first Grand Slam crown at Melbourne Park by beating Elena Rybakina in the final.

She also reached the quarterfinals in Dubai before losing to Rybakina in the Indian Wells final.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Hubert Hurkacz ondergaat knieprocedure
Gemengde resultaten voor Franse spelers op FIP Platinum Sardegna
Verschuivingen in de ATP-ranking na Wimbledon
Rafael Nadal bevestigt deelname aan de US Open 2022
The Impact of Club Attendance on Padel Gamers: Insights from the Playtomic Report